
On Friday night, we attended the annual Festival of Trees celebration dinner. This is when all the board members gather at the hospital with their companions and hear the grand total raised through our efforts in behalf of children in need. This year was a tough year for Festival just as it has been for everyone else. But the community still came through and did what they could to support us. Large ticket item sales were down but shops were up. We set a record for the Expo Center with our gate. Over 90,000 people attended our four day event. So, are you ready for the grand total? It was $1,495,840.74.
And, the answer to the question is, "yes." We are already working on this year's Festival of Trees. I have been asked to chair the Aisle of Wreaths. This will be a whole new learning experience for me. I'm excited about the possibilities.
For my friends and family that are always there, thank you for your generous support. I couldn't do it without you. And I really mean that! For those that haven't participated yet, plan on it for this year. It's the best way to start the Christmas season.
No comments:
Post a Comment