For all you young moms that hate childproofing your home, be warned that you never outgrow it. As soon as you think you are done, there are grandkids. Let me tell you my story. Audrey and Eliza were over the other day. I was on my way home from my Institute class while a favorite aunt was hanging with them until I arrived. When I got home, I found out that Eliza (22 months old) had found my YW pedicure basket under the sink in the spare bathroom. Not only did she find it but she was able to open three, yes count them, three bottles of nail polish. Never underestimate Eliza! I had a small dab of red polish on my bathroom rug but Eliza had part of a bottle on her darling Baby Gap pants. See first photo for evidence of most of the spill. It did continue down to the hem.

I knew I had to do something to repair the damage since it was my fault. Thank goodness for google! I found the solution. After 25 minutes of scrubbing her pants with a toothbrush they were as good as new. See second photo.

I'm not going to post my solution. I am wondering if anyone can guess what I used to get out red fingernail polish. No fair googling the answer. And, Matt and Carly, you are exempt from guessing. I will post the answer in a couple of days. Good luck!
4 comments:
hairspray???
wow! Can't wait to hear what it is! Stockton put fingernail polish on his shirt the other day. On one of his only remaining shirts that actually fits him. *sigh*
Vinegar and baking soda.?? No idea. Like I've said before - I'm not great at stains. Thanks for saving the pants that have now been through Annie, Shae, Audrey, and Eliza. (I don't know about Sadie.)
hydrogen peroxide?
Post a Comment