Yesterday was such a beautiful day that I decided to organize an impromtu barbecue for Sunday after church with any of my children that could come. Talya and Ryan (with Eric, Tyler and Rylee), Clay and Jenny, and Erica and Chuck (with Keagan) were able to come. We had hamburgers, chips, yummy salads and rootbeer floats. While sharing my dessert with a very sticky and dirty Rylee, Clay handed me a gift bag. I assumed it was something they had bought on their weekend in Chicago. (Jenny is the ultimate gift-giver. She spends a lot of time picking out the best gift for each person. I always have appreciated her thoughtfulness.) Anyway, I pulled out the tissue and saw a darling white teddy bear and a book that went along with it entitled, "I Love You Through and Through." I was trying to keep Rylee's very interested but dirty hands from hugging the bear while trying to pick up the book. Then Talya announced, "Don't you get the message???" Oh my goodness! I was slow on this one. I would think by now that I would catch on but I didn't. If I had been able to open the book and read the inscription I would have read, "Congratulations Grandpa and Grandma Hansen! You're getting another grandbaby to love "through and through!" We are SO excited for Clay and Jenny! I couldn't be happier! The magic of each new baby announcement never dims. He/she will be a fun birthday present for Daddy Clay. We expect the due date to be sometime in January. My prayers are with Jenny that she will feel better soon. Congratulations mommy and daddy-to-be!
Sunday, June 1, 2008
I Love You Through and Through
Yesterday was such a beautiful day that I decided to organize an impromtu barbecue for Sunday after church with any of my children that could come. Talya and Ryan (with Eric, Tyler and Rylee), Clay and Jenny, and Erica and Chuck (with Keagan) were able to come. We had hamburgers, chips, yummy salads and rootbeer floats. While sharing my dessert with a very sticky and dirty Rylee, Clay handed me a gift bag. I assumed it was something they had bought on their weekend in Chicago. (Jenny is the ultimate gift-giver. She spends a lot of time picking out the best gift for each person. I always have appreciated her thoughtfulness.) Anyway, I pulled out the tissue and saw a darling white teddy bear and a book that went along with it entitled, "I Love You Through and Through." I was trying to keep Rylee's very interested but dirty hands from hugging the bear while trying to pick up the book. Then Talya announced, "Don't you get the message???" Oh my goodness! I was slow on this one. I would think by now that I would catch on but I didn't. If I had been able to open the book and read the inscription I would have read, "Congratulations Grandpa and Grandma Hansen! You're getting another grandbaby to love "through and through!" We are SO excited for Clay and Jenny! I couldn't be happier! The magic of each new baby announcement never dims. He/she will be a fun birthday present for Daddy Clay. We expect the due date to be sometime in January. My prayers are with Jenny that she will feel better soon. Congratulations mommy and daddy-to-be!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hip Hip Hooray! We love Clay and Jen!
Congrats! The more babies for you the better! (:
Post a Comment