Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's over....

The greatest period of time in my life of church service is over. I was released as the Young Women President on January 11th. There is a hole in my heart that will never be filled. It is selfish of me, I know, but I loved loved loved hanging out with the girls twice a week. How can you not love being with them?!? They are the chosen generation. What a privilege and an honor it was to be in their midst. Besides being with the girls, I got to rub shoulders with some incredible women! many of them I didn't know until we worked together. I will be forever grateful for their examples and their testimonies.

I started out back in February 2002 serving as Mia Maid counselor to Judy Saunders, then to Susie Steenblik. In August 2004 I served as Laurel advisor to Linda Hustedt. In June 2006 I was called to be the YW President. I was honored and thrilled with the call but I knew that when I was released the chances of staying in the YW program were pretty much non-existent. And I was right. I hope someday I can serve the girls again and not be considered "too old" to be with them.

I learned so many incredible lessons through the years from "my girls." Some of them are --
1- Don't be afraid
2- Be a friend
3- Learn all you can
4- Try new things
5- Be enthusiastic
6- Give it your all
7- Ask questions
8- Get involved
9- Share your talents
10- Don't waste time
11- Jump in with both feet
12- Live life to the fullest
13- Express appreciation
14- Have fun
15- Smile
16- But most of all, I learned how much Heavenly Father loves His daughters and with the Savior's help I can do what is required of me.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I already miss you!!! I will forever be grateful to you for listening to the spirit and calling me as your 1st counselor. It has been the best experience of my life. I learned so much from you and your testimony. Your love for the girls is infectious. I hope someday we can work together again. I love you!

matheson memories said...

You were an amazing YW leader, which is evident by the girls wanting to hang out with you all of the time. I am sorry that it had to come to an end and hope that something will come into your life to fill the void. You are welcome to come up to our house and play grandma at anytime. My kiddies love you. You Rock.