Monday, May 12, 2008

Another April Birthday -- Audrey


My granddaughter, Audrey Hansen, turned four years old on April 29th. Audrey is full of life! She is such a fun little girl to be around. She is the only blonde with two brunette sisters. We tease a bit and say that she is really Carly's daughter. (Carly was my only blonde with four brunette siblings.) Audrey is the youngest of my first four grandchildren. I watch her try to keep pace with the older ones. She hussles and does a good job of keeping up. She, however, seems to recognize her size limitations. If the older ones are faster on their scooters or swimming in deeper water, she seems content to just be. She is a busy little girl who doesn't sit still too long. She's eager to please but has a spitfire personality that surfaces every once in a while. She knows the best moment to say "I love you" for the biggest effect. She loves to mother Eliza, her baby sister. My favorite conversation with Audrey was when she called to see if she could run away to my house. Of course I said yes! But then I realized that I needed to support Mom in a teaching moment. I explained that I had the same rules that she had at home and there was also a time-out spot at Gamma's house. She still wanted to come. She told me that she just didn't love mommy and daddy anymore. If she hadn't been 12 hours away I would have kidnapped her for the weekend. Happy birthday Audrey! You are my very favorite four year old!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

She is adorable! She's lucky to have a grandma like you. I know they all adore you!