Monday, March 23, 2009

My kitchen -- before and after

Over the past two, almost three years, we have been upgrading our home. We started by knocking out walls and creating a bigger living area to accomodate our growing family. We wanted to finish out the kitchen with granite but we had other things come up -- like a wedding, a new furnace, etc. Well, we finally were able to do the granite. This is a close-up picture of what it looks like. It is called Butterfly Blue and has lots of black, blue, green and purple-browns in it. I love it!

We had to replace our range and I mentioned that I wasn't a fan of putting a white range in again because stainless steel would look so much better. But I didn't anticipate that would happen. David happened to agree, so I jumped on it and we found some great on-line deals for our new stainless appliances. Thanks sweetheart for working so hard to make it all possible and for being my very own installation man! I've got a bit more painting to do but that won't happen until we open the paint cans and start the basement. No use making two messes...

BEFORE


AFTER

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow!!! It looks great! Now I better go repent of these coveting feelings I'm having. (:

Carly said...

Mom, it really does look great! It's hard not to feel jealous like 'Chull, but you know, my light mustard yellow range is pretty hot!

admin said...

It does look great and I love it! But you two "newlyweds" remember it took me 32 years to get to this point. I repented many times of my coveting.....

mcjenn said...

looks absolutely bootiful

Clayton, Jen, and Millie said...

Leann, it looks so good! You guys have done such a great job with all of those renovations. I can't wait to see it in person!

matheson memories said...

Gorgeous! I love it!