Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Where do I start? Backwards I guess with Lake Powell...

I have many things to post and I have debated where to start -- the beginning of June or the end of July? I've decided to start with our Lake Powell trip from the end of July and go backwards. We spent a glorious week at Powell on Canyon Magic with everyone but Eliza, and Clay and Jen. We missed them immensely! I was talking to the four oldest grandkids about how our whole family was with us but the three that I have mentioned. Eric kindly corrected me and said, "Barney is part of our family and he isn't here." (Barney is a dear family friend with whom Eric has formed a special bond during other Lake Powell trips.) It was difficult to narrow down which photos to use. These should give a taste of the fun we had! (If you want to see more, visit my kids blogs. There is a link to all of them on my blog.) The three oldest grandkids waterskiied. All of them tubed, swam, and went down the slip 'n slide. It was a great week -- heaven on earth for a happy gamma and grandpa.
RYLEE ON THE BEACH
RYLEE AND TALYA
KEAGAN LOOKING TOO GROWN UP
KEAGAN AND ERICA
LINDSAY, AUDREY, CARLY, TYLER AND SHAE
TALYA'S GREAT WIPEOUT
SHAE'S FIRST TIME WATERSKIING
SHAE LOVING LIFE ON THE TUBE
AUDREY AND GRANDPA
AUDREY GETTING READY FOR HER TUBE RIDE
AT THE END OF THEIR SLIP 'N SLIDE TRAIN
ERIC LOOKING COOL
ERIC ENJOYING LIFE
TYLER WORKING ON THE SAND CASTLE
TYLER SHOWING GREAT FORM
CHUCK, KEAGAN, ERICA, PAMA AND PAPA DAVID, LEANN, CARLY WITH DAX, ROBBIE
RYAN, TALYA, PAMA WITH RYLEE, PAPA, TYLER AND ERIC
PAMA AND PAPA, LINDSAY, MATT, SHAE AND AUDREY
The men spent hours building a slip 'n slide down the sandy hill. They actually did it twice because we switched camp spots Tuesday night. (There had been a canopy with chairs and a tent marking a prime beach location. After three days with no one showing up, we decided to move the houseboat and take possession. The tent owners showed up Friday but seemed to understand why we did what we did.)

GAMPA AND AUDREY ON THE SLIP 'N SLIDE


GAMMA ON THE SLIP 'N SLIDE


SLIP 'N SLIDE TRAIN

1 comment:

Lindsay Kay said...

Thank you and David for making the trip possible! It was tonz of fun, and a great summer vacation! It's fun to see how our family has morphed into this large clan! We are on the brink of 21! That's amazing. We will have to get creative next year! Thanks for the tradition.:)