Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Adopted Daughters

Being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints provides me many opportunities to serve. I currently am serving in my favorite calling. I am Young Women's President, which means I work with all the girls in our ward ages 12 to 18. I am grateful that they love me and tolerate me given my age. (I have to be careful how I refer to my age or looks. The rule in our group is -- if you say you are ugly, fat, or old you get a punch in the arm.) They keep me young and in touch with what is happening. They build my testimony in the Savior. They are fabulous examples to me. They are a lot of fun!!! I have counselors and advisors that work alongside me. I am grateful for their dedication. Most of them are young also. In fact, I could be the mother to three of them. They are remarkable women.

These pictures are from some of our activities. We went to the temple to do baptisms for the dead and then went to the General Young Women's Meeting.



Scrapbooking favorite quotes of President Gordon B. Hinckley

Hair Care and Makeup Night



At the beginning of the school year and then for six months, our Young Womens group had an exchange student, Katharina, from Germany. We learned alot about life from being around her. My greatest lesson from her was to don't be afraid to experience all that you can and live life to the fullest. We miss her!

2 comments:

Carly said...

what cute girls!

Rachel said...

Those are way cute pictures. I need to take more at our activities so I'll have lots of pictures to embarass them with at the bridal showers! (: