I love General Conference! What an incredible experience to be a part of a Solemn Assembly and sustain a new prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. I have watched President Monson since he was called to be a member of the Quorum of the Twelve. I was eight years old then. I can't imagine a General Conference without one of his stories. I love General Conference! It is like a summer rain for my thirsty spirit. Some of my earliest General Conference memories are from my elementary school years. Back then General Conference was held Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. What a feast. I remember hurrying home from school as a 5th grader to watch the broadcast. I wish I still had my notebook full of notes of a young girl. Contrast that with today -- I have all the sessions on my DVR and also downloaded to my iPod. Guidance from the leaders is mine whenever I want it. No more drought...just a constant summer rain.
President Monson spoke to mothers today -- specifically young mothers. I want my daughters to know how incredibly proud I am of the effort they put into mothering my grandchildren and into preparing to be a mother of my grandchildren. I wish I had been more like each one of you! But being a gamma is an incredible experience also. I get a second chance to do things right. President Monson counseled mothers to express love to their children. I want the whole world to know how much I love my children! They are noble ones of the earth. Each one of them has chosen an exceptional person to be their partner and now I have ten fabulous children. Some of them are already parents and have blessed our family with almost eight grandchildren. I can't neglect to mention the man that made me a mother. I love my husband with all my heart. He treats me better than I deserve to be treated. I never imagined I would be so blessed! Truly together is the best place to be!
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I LOVED that talk as well!! You were a wonderful mother!! Thanks for everything!
everything looks so cute. we love you tons and love all that you have done for us.
you are the best, mom. thank you for your awesome example!
What fabulous daughters I have! Thank you for your support and confidence.
Post a Comment